TAX ADVISORY SERVICES NOW OFFERED BY THEMIS
In addition to the specialist commercial legal services it currently provides its clients, Themis has the pleasure of announcing that since 1 August 2018 it offers an in-house tax advisory service to complement its commercial law offering. Clients need no longer seek external tax advice as part of any restructure, deal-making and implementation processes. In addition, if clients require assistance with any tax related matter, our two highly qualified and experienced tax specialists can be contacted directly.
Our tax advisory team consists of two registered tax practitioners namely Martie Forster and Simone Esch, both qualified Chartered Accountants CA(SA) and holders of a higher diploma in tax law.
Martie also holds a Masters’ degree in Taxation (International Tax) currently serves on the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants Southern Region Tax Committee and is a senior lecturer at the University of Cape Town where she lectures the Masters of Taxation (South African Tax). Martie completed her articles at Deliotte & Touche and has worked for over 20 years in various tax related positions for corporates and advisory firms including SAB Miller, Ernst & Young and Webber Wentzel.
Simone, after completing her articles at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), has gained extensive asset management and tax experience working offshore (Cayman and the Channel Islands) and locally for PwC, Close Brothers Investment Bank (UK) and Bowman Gilfillan Inc. Together, Martie and Simone can assist Themis clients on all tax related issues, such as employment, individual and corporate taxation, indirect taxes and tax authority proceedings, including but not limited to:
- Tax risk management and tax governance consulting, including support services to audit committees
- General corporate tax advisory, including tax planning and opinions and preparing or reviewing and/or submission of advance tax ruling applications to SARS
- Tax dispute resolution, including preparing and managing responses to SARS following audits and queries, objections and appeals, alternative dispute resolution, settlements and litigation
- Corporate tax consulting, primarily in relation to income tax, dividend tax, capital gains tax, value-added tax and employees’ tax issues
- International tax issues such as offshore investment structures, cross-border transactions, inward or outbound investment and double tax treaties
- Transfer pricing and Country-by -Country reporting
- Voluntary disclosure applications to SARS
- Exchange control advise and applications (emigration, immigration, cross -border transactions etc.)
- Corporate and transactional structuring, including mergers and acquisitions
- Customs and Excise advisory services, including SARS audits and queries, objections and appeal
Should you require any tax assistance please visit our new website for further information or contact Simone directly via email (email@example.com) or on 021 461 0123.